Detailed Instructions on How to Buy Draftly NFTs on Ethereum from your Smartphone
Disclaimer: The information below is meant for instructional purposes only and should not be understood to constitute financial advice. Always be sure to protect your personal information and log-in information for any accounts.
These instructions are written for an individual that does not have a cryptocurrency exchange account, does not own cryptocurrency, and has never bought an NFT via OpenSea.
If you own cryptocurrency, have utilized OpenSea and are simply looking for instructions on how to move ETH to the Polygon blockchain, you can skip to Step 3 or review this instructional guide from OpenSea.
Detailed Step-by-Step Instructions:
1) Create a Cryptocurrency Wallet
First, download a cryptocurrency wallet from your phone’s app store and go through the sign-up steps
Various cryptocurrency wallets exist, here are two we like:
Once set-up, go to the “Receive” button on your wallet app and copy your wallet number (you’ll be using this number later to put ETH in your wallet)
2) Obtain Cryptocurrency
- Download a cryptocurrency exchange app from your phone’s app store
Keep in mind that there are others available!
2. Set up your account and add a payment method
3. Once your account is ready, select the amount of “ETH” you’d like to buy (due to transaction “GAS” fees on the Ethereum network, you’ll need to buy more ETH than the amount you intend to spend on an NFT)
4. Once ETH is available in your exchange account, use the “Send” option in your exchange app to send ETH to the cryptocurrency wallet you just created by pasting the account number for your wallet you just created in the destination box
5. Finalize sending ETH to your wallet, it should arrive in a few minutes
3) Buy NFTs
Open back up your cryptocurrency wallet and go to the browser function
- If using Coinbase Wallet:
Click on the four grey squares in the bottom center of your wallet
- If using MetaMask Wallet:
1. Click on the three lines in the upper left of the app, and a drop-down menu will appear
2. Then click the browser option with the globe
- Once in your wallet’s browser, go to the “NFT Shop” section on the Draftly website
2. Click on the athlete whose NFT you’d like to buy
3. Clicking on the athlete’s NFT will send you to the OpenSea NFT Marketplace (the largest NFT Marketplace)
4. Click on the specific NFT you’d like to buy and select either buy now or place a bid on an NFT
5. If you purchase the NFT immediately, your NFT will load into “Profile” section of your OpenSea account
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach-out to: email@example.com